Heavybit’s Hiring Its First Community Manager
Heavybit is the leading fund for developer-first startups and we’re looking for an experienced community manager to build, grow and nurture our founder relationships. As Heavybit’s first dedicated Community Manager, you will design and execute on a holistic community strategy, foster deep connections with and between founders, and produce resources to help early-stage teams on their own community-building journeys. If you’re excited to educate and connect startup founders and are passionate about discovering and empowering the next generation of tech leaders, we want to hear from you.
What Makes This Exciting: Community is a force multiplier and key pillar of Heavybit. Since 2013, we’ve been the only investment fund with a community solely dedicated to helping developer-first company founders level-up.
As Community Manager you’d leverage the input of 130+ founders, 600+ advisors, and many more dev-tool practitioners to build the most reliable, responsive, and engaging platform for founder learning. Reporting to the Director of Platform, you’ll own community growth and engagement strategy, be the voice of our online community, and surface just-in-time connections and advice to founders as they scale their companies.
- Be the primary point of contact for our Heavybit Founder Community: moderating and contributing to discussions, addressing community escalations, and iterating on workflows and processes. This includes managing Heavybit’s community on owned and external community platforms and maintaining our code of conduct.
- Empower Heavybit founders to reach their business goals by fostering connections amongst them both online and offline. This includes increasing monthly recurring connections and relationships and convening them via mutually beneficial educational resources, discussions, events, and opportunities for thought leadership, co-promotion and cross-community collaboration.
- Define Heavybit’s community growth strategy including identifying trends, opportunities, and gaps through measurement, monitoring, and comprehensive reporting on community metrics and KPI’s
- Increase the size of our community and value we can deliver by leveraging our existing community tools and experimenting with 3rd party communities and platforms like Reddit, Dev.to, HackerNews, ProductHunt, Twitch, Discord, etc.
- Drive impactful improvements to the Heavybit founder experience by creating a system of community discovery. This includes researching and deploying tools for better community management and tracking while also iterating on onboarding, engagement campaigns, and new types of access for our community members.
- Increase engagement and influence for our community leaders by turning their unique domain expertise into opportunities for thought leadership, event collaboration, content contribution, and mentorship.
- 3 years of relevant first-hand community management, developer advocacy, or product marketing experience
- Demonstrated experience driving online and offline community engagement, retention, and acquisition KPIs with a practitioner or startup community. This includes proficiency with community tooling, metrics, and reporting.
- Strong proficiency with technical forums and discussion channels including but not limited to HackerNews, Slack, Discord, Twitch, YouTube, Reddit, HackerNoon, etc.
- Strong verbal, written, and editorial communication skills, attention to detail and ability to lead multiple projects. This includes leading private and public conversations with high-profile founders, investors and tech leaders.
- Experience working with cloud-native developers, SaaS stakeholders, or technical startup founders is a plus.
- Candidates must be able to join weekly collaboration meetings and engage with community members during regular PST business hours.
Perks and Benefits
There are many roads leading up to being a community manager. Our team is already a mix of self-taught and formally educated people. Don’t self-select out!
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Comprehensive health plan including vision and dental
- Flexible time off and vacation policy
- Parental leave
To apply please send a brief intro including some highlights of the communities you’ve managed and your CV to email@example.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity: Heavybit is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.