Heavybit's Hiring a Content & Communications Manager
Heavybit seeks a talented editor looking to help shape the future of conversation around developer-first companies. We’re looking for someone with a proven record of creating engagement with technical content, shaping narratives that map to brand goals and managing an editorial calendar that supports this. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you’ll own content marketing and editorial and cement Heavybit's authority as the leading fund for developer and enterprise startups.
What Makes This Exciting: Heavybit already has a library with 1400+ pieces of content, and a community of 600+ technical founders and domain experts ready to offer advice and support.
As Content & Comms Manager, you’ll own our content program, build a priority system for our contributor program, and work with the rest of the team on a distribution strategy to ensure that we’re filling critical knowledge gaps for early-stage founders. If you’re excited to work with some of the world’s most successful technical leaders at companies like Netlify, CircleCI and LaunchDarkly, and you’re eager to showcase the expertise of the next generation of leaders, we’re excited to meet you.
- Act as editor-in-chief for the Heavybit Library by developing and executing on a comprehensive content strategy to boost brand awareness, engagement, and founder learning.
- Create and manage an editorial calendar for content planning and distribution, and perform regular audits for gap analysis. This includes incorporating and leveraging timely industry events, developer trends, social media trends, and emerging startup channels into your calendar of content and promotions.
- Recruit, enable, and motivate influential founders and advisors from the Heavybit community to share and produce additional content and amplify our reach
- Strengthen and diversify Heavybit’s content program by identifying new content and syndication opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with team members to maximize our content distribution strategy
- Act as a trusted content advisor for dozens of portfolio companies including counseling them on key content-related metrics, distribution strategy, and editorial hires.
- Work closely with our PR agency
- 5+ years of relevant experience in journalism, communications, or content marketing, preferably in technology or B2B startups
- Strong editorial judgment, love for storytelling and an ability to adapt messages to a variety of audiences, mediums and distribution channels
- Attention to detail and ability to lead multiple projects with multiple stakeholders. This includes leading private and public conversations with leaders, executives, and subject matter experts
- Critical thinker; strong executive presence; ability to hold a “seat at the table” alongside other areas of the business
- A self-starter, able to initiate and run with projects
- Thrives in fast-paced environments and are comfortable with not knowing the answer to something
- Proficiency with SEO, HTML, CMS tooling
- Candidates must be able to join weekly collaboration meetings and engage with content contributors during regular PST business hours.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Comprehensive health plan including vision and dental
- Flexible time off and vacation policy
- Parental leave
To apply please send a cover letter including links to 3 recently published pieces and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Commitment to Diversity: Heavybit is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.