Heavybit's Hiring a B2B Editorial & Content Marketing Manager Heavybit
If you’re a creative and data-driven content marketer with a proven record of building growth and awareness for technical content, this is a phenomenal opportunity for you. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you’ll own content marketing and editorial, and cement Heavybit's authority as the leading fund for developer and enterprise startups.
What Makes This Exciting: Heavybit already has a library with 1400+ pieces of content, and a community of 600+ technical founders and domain experts ready to offer advice and support.
As Editorial and Content Marketing Manager, you’ll build our content calendar, build a priority-system for our contributor program, and own our distribution strategy to ensure that we’re filling critical knowledge gaps for early-stage founders. If you’re excited to work with some of the world’s most successful technical leaders at companies like Netlify, CircleCI and LaunchDarkly, and you’re eager to showcase the expertise of the next generation of leaders, we’re excited to meet you.
- Act as editor-in-chief for the Heavybit Library by developing and executing on a comprehensive content strategy to boost brand awareness, engagement, and founder learning.
- Create and manage an editorial calendar for content planning and distribution, and perform regular audits for gap analysis. This includes incorporating and leveraging timely industry events, developer trends, social media trends, and emerging startup channels into your calendar of content and promotions.
- Produce and edit a wide range of content on a min weekly cadence consistent with our brand voice including blog posts, social media posts, long-format e-books, guides, case studies, newsletters, drip-campaigns and any content corresponding to emerging business needs and/or marketing moments.
- Drive content-related traffic and engagement by owning content analytics (including social, search and referral patterns) to make data-driven decisions about current and future approaches that will best serve our developer-first founder audience.
- Recruit, enable, and motivate influential founders and advisors from the Heavybit community to share and produce additional content and amplify our reach
- Strengthen and diversify Heavybit’s content program by identifying new content and syndication opportunities.
- Act as a trusted content advisor for dozens of portfolio companies including counseling them on key content-related metrics, outreach and distribution strategy, and editorial hires.
- 4 years of relevant first-hand experience as a content marketer, business editor or tech journalist
- Strong editorial judgment and excellent copy editing skills
- Experience driving top of funnel growth KPIs with content
- Experience with content amplification including but not limited to HackerNews, Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Reddit, HackerNoon, etc.
- Attention to detail and ability to lead multiple projects with multiple stakeholders. This includes leading private and public conversations with leaders and content creators.
- Proficiency with SEO, HTML, social media, CMS tooling
- Some experience with video and podcasting tools preferred
- Candidates must be able to join weekly collaboration meetings and engage with content contributors during regular PST business hours.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Comprehensive health plan including vision and dental
- Flexible time off and vacation policy
- Parental leave
To apply please send a cover letter including links to 3 recently published pieces and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Commitment to Diversity: Heavybit is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.