Heavybit's Hiring a Director of Marketing Heavybit
If you’re a data-driven full stack marketer with a proven record of building product-led growth and awareness, this is a phenomenal opportunity for you. Reporting to the Operating Partner, you’ll own marketing strategy and execution to cement Heavybit's authority as the leading fund for developer and enterprise startups. This includes messaging and positioning, brand campaigns and marketing automation, and directing a small team of marketers and contractors to support some of the best developer-first startups in the world.
What Makes This Exciting: At Heavybit, we believe software and the people building that software are the future. Our fund is built by a partnership, team, and community of 600+ domain experts to ensure founders achieve breakout success. Through 1:1 advice, mentorship, and a huge library of community resources, we’ve helped 60+ developer and infrastructure teams including Snyk, LaunchDarkly and Netlify scale their go-to-market.
As Director of Marketing, you’ll own Heavybit’s marketing strategy and ensure we’re the industry source for best practices in developer-first startups and go-to-market. Once you’ve established Heavybit’s overarching program, you’ll be a critical growth and launch advisor to some of the most brilliant founders in the industry.
- Design and execute on an end-to-end growth strategy for Heavybit. Core responsibilities include increasing reach with early startup founders, deepening awareness of our differentiated fund and platform, and establishing the right mix of channels to target founders at the exact moment they’re beginning to fundraise. Eg. Social and marketing campaigns, one-pagers, case studies, blogs, webpages, videos, e-books, and other founder-facing collateral.
- Implement and capture the right marketing data to track, analyze, and improve marketing performance month over month. This includes leveraging CRM and attribution tools to build a strong pipeline for referrals and startup applications including developing new marketing content, platform packaging, and inbound lead workflows.
- Lead a small team to create promotional campaigns, landing pages and content to increase founder reach and nurturing loops. This involves designing and owning channel strategy, the marketing calendar, and associated marketing staff and budgets including but not limited to editorial and content marketing, events marketing, SEO, email marketing, PR/AR, social media and syndications.
- Act as a trusted advisor for dozens of portfolio companies including counseling them on key marketing metrics, launch strategy, and GTM hires.
- Build founder thought leaders by tracking developer and industry trends, coordinating promotions and partnerships across the portfolio, and rallying them to leverage their combined communities, press and industry relationships and influencers to own the conversation around new ways of building, deploying, securing, and scaling mission-critical technology.
- 7 years of relevant first-hand product or fund marketing experience creating core messaging and a go-to-market strategy focused on cloud native developers, SaaS founders, or technical startups.
- Experience managing a small team of direct reports and multiple contractors including setting departmental goals, offering mentorship, conducting performance reviews, and generating team OKR reporting
- Proven success implementing and tracking various marketing goals including using CRMs, BI tools and marketing automation to grow top-of-funnel audiences
- Experience working with technology and services partners to create joint messaging and go-to-market activities.
- A demonstrated love for developer technology, B2B entrepreneurship, coaching and general management consulting
- Ability to tackle ambiguous problems and break them down into well-scoped project plans
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Salary and equity based on experience
- Comprehensive health plan including vision and dental
- Flexible time off and vacation policy
- Parental leave
To apply please send a brief intro and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Commitment to Diversity: Heavybit is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.