Speaker Series: Building Vibrant Developer Communities
In this panel, developer community experts from Devada, Weaveworks, RingCentral, and Google shared their hard learned lessons and insights.
This event has passed. Follow the link above to watch a recording of the talk.
Despite your greatest hopes, developer communities don’t just happen on their own. An engaged community can improve the quality of your product, speed up development, and refer you to potential customers but it takes hard work, time, and dedication to reach that point. How can founders and early teams build healthy and vibrant communities in such a way that their efforts aren’t wasted? In this panel, developer community experts from Devada, Weaveworks, RingCentral, and IBM shared their hard learned lessons and insights on:
- The elements of a vibrant community and critical early metrics;
- Where community efforts should sit depending on your org stage and size; and,
- What you should do and expect as your company scales.
- Mike Stowe, Sr. Manager, Developer Product Marketing at RingCentral
- Tamao Nakahara, Organizer of DevRelCon and Head of DX at Weave.works
- Dave Nugent, Developer Advocate for IBM Developer SF.
Want more on this topic?
Jesse Davis has contributed several articles to the Heavybit library. Read his articles on Developer Support Best Practices and Why Developer Communities are Essential for DevTools Startup Growth.